The Mother Lode’s culture was built on the enthralling pursuit of gold. About 170 years later, the way that great glitter hunt still captures the imagination continues to bring visitors to the area, and influences how the community reinterprets its own history.
- New study suggests county’s observance of social distancing has room for improvement
- Coronavirus count continues to rise in Calaveras; Fifth case reported of COVID-19
- County puts out list of places not to go
- Fourth COVID-19 case confirmed in Calaveras County
- Valley Springs quilter receives increasing international acclaim
- Calaveras County schools won't reopen this school year
- Gym owners strive to survive after deemed 'non-essential'
- Will the CHIPS model catch fire across Central Sierra?
- Rabid skunk killed by dogs in Mountain Ranch
- Tired of cooking? These restaurants offer takeout, curbside and delivery options
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.