Those attending Wednesday night’s Calaveras Council of Governments meeting may have noticed four large sheets strategically placed about the room sporting more than 20 routinely used acronyms and their meanings – posted so attendees might be able to follow the highly technical structure of the local transportation planning process.
“This is my 11th year and I still don’t get all the acronyms,” joked council Chairman Paul Stein after council member Carol Ann McDaniel requested that CCOG staff provide an acronym list for all new and existing members.
Here’s a brief overview of some of the most commonly used abbreviations:
• CCOG – Calaveras Council of Governments.
• CDT – California Department of Transportation.
• CIP – Capital Improvement Program.
• RTPA – Regional Transportation Planning Authority.
• RTP – Regional Transportation Plan.
• JPA – Joint Powers Authority.
• CTC – California Transportation Commission.
• STIP – State Transportation Improvement Program.
For a full list of frequently referenced CCOG acronyms, contact CCOG at 754-2094.