Maybe – just maybe – Americans will get some relief from the relentlessly rising prices of pharmaceuticals.
Gather a random group of people together and give them an intelligence test of IQ questions and general knowledge. After they’ve finished, ask them how well they think they did. Generally, you…
I took a tour of Churchill Downs in Kentucky yesterday and got to see everything but the race. One nice thing about being a Mark Twain impressionist in the 21st century is the possibility that…
Recent Guest Opinions
- Newspapers protect public’s First Amendment rights
- Community newspapers are subject to ‘get what you pay for’ economy
- Calaveras Democrats’ fundraiser in Vallecito sells out
- Big discovery led to preservation of Giant Sequoia grove in 1850s
- Don’t sacrifice the watershed
- Speak out now on the General Plan
- County needs access to remove hazardous trees
- Program hopes to help seniors
- We need to watch as science makes news
- Why I am in favor of a cannabis ban
Recent Letters to the Editor
- The claim that most scientists believe in climate change is simply not true.
- Rebecca Callen left Calaveras County Auditor-Controller position for CCWD Director of Administrative Services
- Regulate rather than ban cannabis cultivation in Calaveras County
- New ordinances for cultivation being created by the county and establishment
- Why are Stopper, Garamendi and Callaway in favor of voting for a pot ordinance?
- What boils down to who is telling the most truth
- The key to a better tomorrow, in my opinion, is reasonable rules.
- Commercial cannabis is coming back to our county, unless we the people stop the insanity
- Let’s stop using the term “the mentally ill"
- The people of Calaveras County deserve a board of supervisors that will set and meet deadlines
Letters Policy: The Calaveras Enterprise encourages letters to the editor from our readers about public issues. The newspaper reserves the right to edit all letters. Please limit your letters to 350 words. Shorter letters will be given preference. Letters that the newspaper deems libelous or making an offensive personal attack will not be published. All letters must be signed and include the writer’s address and daytime telephone number for verification purposes. There are four ways to submit letters: • Mail: P.O. Box 1197, San Andreas, CA 95249 • Fax: (209) 754-4396 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org