No remotely awake person will say our departure from Afghanistan is going well. Naturally, both Democrats and Republicans deny fault, except for a few objective persons from each party.
When the lake we love for its scenic splendor showed up in a photo on the front page of the New York Times with the caption, “The lake that Mark Twain once called ‘the fairest picture the whol…
In acknowledgement of the back-to-school season, let’s spell it out: when it comes to enjoying your home, there are so many little things you can consider that make a big difference in the way…
- Who is ultimately responsible for our wildfire disasters, and what can we do?
- Sorry, forest service: fire is NOT our friend
- Liberal media to blame for government control of citizens
- Is pesticide safe to inject into area trees?
- Legislation impacts veterans’ services
- Newspapers protect public’s First Amendment rights
- Community newspapers are subject to ‘get what you pay for’ economy
- Calaveras Democrats’ fundraiser in Vallecito sells out
- Big discovery led to preservation of Giant Sequoia grove in 1850s
- Don’t sacrifice the watershed
Letters to the Editor
- THIS is why we honor them!
- There is NOTHING in either measure that would prevent anyone from voting
- Don’t these people realize what elections are for?
- This Labor Day let’s all celebrate these plant-based options.
- Our constitution protects our rights to life, liberty and property
- In the past we have dealt with the military industrial complex, now we have a new kind of problem
- As a vaccinated conservative, I support the choice that Americans have (so far) to vaccinate or not to vaccinate
- Please let CCWD know your answer to that question
- I thank God for their expertise, mercy and compassion
- It is time to try something new when it comes to implementing plans in Calaveras County
The Calaveras Enterprise encourages letters to the editor from our readers about public issues. The newspaper reserves the right to edit all letters. Please limit your letters to 350 words. Shorter letters will be given preference. Letters that the newspaper deems irrelevant to our readers, libelous or making an offensive personal attack will not be published. All letters must be signed and include the writer’s full legal name, town of residence and telephone number for verification purposes. There are three ways to submit letters: email@example.com; P.O. Box 1197, San Andreas, CA 95249; or by following the link below.