There is a need now more than ever for local journalism.
For the past couple of weeks, I have noticed a change in my everyday life: less heat, more comfort; less company, more creative time; less commitment, more physical activity; less party, more …
Are e-cigarettes becoming the next public health hazard?
Recent Guest Opinions
- Calaveras Democrats’ fundraiser in Vallecito sells out
- Big discovery led to preservation of Giant Sequoia grove in 1850s
- Don’t sacrifice the watershed
- Speak out now on the General Plan
- County needs access to remove hazardous trees
- Program hopes to help seniors
- We need to watch as science makes news
- Why I am in favor of a cannabis ban
- Why I am in favor of regulating cannabis
- The dangerous distraction that is cannabis
Recent Letters to the Editor
- Let’s stop using the term “the mentally ill"
- The people of Calaveras County deserve a board of supervisors that will set and meet deadlines
- This world is on the path to a global civilization
- Thank you to Mark Twain Dignity Health Hospital
- Commending Ebbetts Pass Firefighters
- Commemorating this day in history
- McClintock votes against women's rights
- We must work together for solutions to education obstacles in our school district
- Elected representatives' job is to represent wishes of constituents.
- Trump era fiscally mismanaging government
Letters Policy: The Calaveras Enterprise encourages letters to the editor from our readers about public issues. The newspaper reserves the right to edit all letters. Please limit your letters to 350 words. Shorter letters will be given preference. Letters that the newspaper deems libelous or making an offensive personal attack will not be published. All letters must be signed and include the writer’s address and daytime telephone number for verification purposes. There are four ways to submit letters: • Mail: P.O. Box 1197, San Andreas, CA 95249 • Fax: (209) 754-4396 • Email: email@example.com