The definition of a conservative philosophy used to be limited government regulation of business and investing, a strong national defense, most services to be provided by the private sector in…
Calaveras District 4 Supervisor Dennis Mills is the author of a recent blog and op-ed entitled “California’s ‘New Normal.’” The bottom line of his rant (which is a campaign speech aimed at his…
In human years our sun is 38 years old, so in another 5 billion years it will run out of gas, and without any emotion to speak of, will accidently vaporize its old friend the Earth. But do not…
Recent Guest Opinions
- Newspapers protect public’s First Amendment rights
- Community newspapers are subject to ‘get what you pay for’ economy
- Calaveras Democrats’ fundraiser in Vallecito sells out
- Big discovery led to preservation of Giant Sequoia grove in 1850s
- Don’t sacrifice the watershed
- Speak out now on the General Plan
- County needs access to remove hazardous trees
- Program hopes to help seniors
- We need to watch as science makes news
- Why I am in favor of a cannabis ban
Recent Letters to the Editor
- I hope that the local business community will step up and support this valuable local resource
- NAS is a small organization of about 2,600 members
- Bulk of climate science still has some gaps in complete understanding
- An open letter to President Trump
- The inconvenient truth of man-caused climate change can no longer be denied.
- U.S. House overwhelmingly passed a resolution condemning President Trump’s decision to pull U.S. troops back from northern Syria
- Law and healthcare professionals can no longer turn a blind eye. Parental alienation has lifelong negative affects and is in fact “abuse.”
- Due to global warming, California has fallen into a veritable pit of fire.
- The Democratic party has run this state for over 40 years so tell me who is the blame.
- Can someone please tell me what is wrong with our county’s assessor’s office?
Letters Policy: The Calaveras Enterprise encourages letters to the editor from our readers about public issues. The newspaper reserves the right to edit all letters. Please limit your letters to 350 words. Shorter letters will be given preference. Letters that the newspaper deems libelous or making an offensive personal attack will not be published. All letters must be signed and include the writer’s address and daytime telephone number for verification purposes. There are four ways to submit letters: • Mail: P.O. Box 1197, San Andreas, CA 95249 • Fax: (209) 754-4396 • Email: email@example.com