I dined today with a lady from West Virginia and a lady from North Dakota, and came away from the table one mixed-up Cigiliano. The lady from West Virginia started talking about “noodling,” wh…
With just 45 words the founders guaranteed five – no six – basic freedoms, fundamental American rights.
Today’s digital economy appears to refute the wisdom of an ancient idiom, “You get what you pay for.”
Recent Guest Opinions
- Newspapers protect public’s First Amendment rights
- Community newspapers are subject to ‘get what you pay for’ economy
- Calaveras Democrats’ fundraiser in Vallecito sells out
- Big discovery led to preservation of Giant Sequoia grove in 1850s
- Don’t sacrifice the watershed
- Speak out now on the General Plan
- County needs access to remove hazardous trees
- Program hopes to help seniors
- We need to watch as science makes news
- Why I am in favor of a cannabis ban
Recent Letters to the Editor
- Why are Stopper, Garamendi and Callaway in favor of voting for a pot ordinance?
- The key to a better tomorrow, in my opinion, is reasonable rules.
- What boils down to who is telling the most truth
- Commercial cannabis is coming back to our county, unless we the people stop the insanity
- Let’s stop using the term “the mentally ill"
- The people of Calaveras County deserve a board of supervisors that will set and meet deadlines
- This world is on the path to a global civilization
- Thank you to Mark Twain Dignity Health Hospital
- Commending Ebbetts Pass Firefighters
- Commemorating this day in history
Letters Policy: The Calaveras Enterprise encourages letters to the editor from our readers about public issues. The newspaper reserves the right to edit all letters. Please limit your letters to 350 words. Shorter letters will be given preference. Letters that the newspaper deems libelous or making an offensive personal attack will not be published. All letters must be signed and include the writer’s address and daytime telephone number for verification purposes. There are four ways to submit letters: • Mail: P.O. Box 1197, San Andreas, CA 95249 • Fax: (209) 754-4396 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org