On Valentine’s Day, Hospice of Amador & Calaveras announced the seven lucky winners in the 10th annual Take a Chance on Love Valentine’s Day Drawing at the Jackson Hospice Thrift Store. Attendees at the drawing were also treated to a tour of the newly refreshed store while they awaited the drawing at noon.
“I am truly overwhelmed to learn of the community’s continued generosity to Hospice of Amador & Calaveras,” said Executive Director Ariane Debien. “This year’s event raised over $13,000 with the sale of 2,524 tickets. I want to thank our generous prize donors, volunteers and everyone who purchased a ticket to support our hospice mission.”
The 2019 Hospice of Amador & Calaveras Valentine’s Day Drawing winners include:
• Michelle Blomberg, who won a diamond and ruby bracelet (donated by Stan Lukowicz of the National Hotel).
• Mike Edmonson won a trip to a beach house in Mexico (donated by Paul and Tammy Accinelli).
• Michael Edick won a living trust package (donated by Redkey & Gordon Law Corp.).
• Mike & Julie Cantrall won time at a Lake Tahoe timeshare (donated by Keith DesVoignes of Century 21 Tri-Dam Realty).
• Bonnie Shewchuk won prospectors gold (donated by Louise Longley and Alice McLaughlin estate).
• Rita Millsaps won a scenic flight over Amador and a picnic (donated by Foothill Aviation).
• Judy Brown won a 50-inch Insignia TV.
All proceeds from the Valentine’s Day drawing go toward providing end-of-life care to anyone in the Amador and Calaveras community who is in need, regardless of ability to pay. Hospice of Amador & Calaveras has served the area as the only nonprofit, community-based hospice agency for more than 35 years. For more, call 223-5500.
Leave a Reply