Highway 88 or Highway 4 over Ebbetts Pass? It was time to visit my daughter, Gina Burnsworth, in Reno, and I could not wait to get there. I analyzed which road to drive. I had not driven over the pass in several years, and I so missed seeing the beautiful lakes and smelling the aroma of cedar as I cautiously gripped the steering wheel on the hairpin curves. Highway 88 was a straighter road, however, and there were a couple lakes that would present their beauty as well. But, alas, the decision was made for me when the Electra Fire shattered my possibilities. I would drive over Highway 4 and return via Highway 88.
- 15th annual Klassen Klassic Turkey Trot honors memory of beloved community member
- Bailie Clark will join her older sister on the UNR softball diamond
- Bullfrogs take care of business and leave Stockton with a 73-66 victory
- Garcia ready to return to the wrestling room in second year as Calaveras' head coach
- Danny Scott follows his passion for sports into the broadcast booth
- Dakota Stephens leads Bullfrogs on the mat and eyes a return trip to the state championship
- Calaveras' return to the hardwood ends with a 57-42 win over Weston Ranch
- Kaela Dishion named as CCAA Runner of the Year
- Sheriff's Log & Felony Booking Log: Nov. 14 - Nov. 20
- Holiday shopping event supports rescued farm animals
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.